Thursday, July 05, 2007

Bring Me The Hat Of Fargo North!

Woolly Crap!

Yeah, it's been awhile. I hadn't meant to neglect my poor old blog, but my intentionally idle May turned into an unexpectedly overwhelming June in which a new job was begun, a new house was moved into and an old car decided to become less and less reliable with every passing day and many, many other things quite apart from this blog had to be put to pasture for a bit. Also, I bought the 3-disc Target exclusive edition of the Dreamgirls DVD and I've been watching that a lot recently...

But there was an upside to a bit of the past month's craziness... during my move I stumbled across bucketloads of really keen stuff that I'd forgotten I'd ever even owned... coloring books, stickers, old board games, kid's mags, Donkey Kong t-shirts and more of the fodder off of which this blog feeds! We'll be in clover for months!

Now, I'll understand if you maybe harbor a few ill-feelings toward me but I'm hoping that today's post will put me back in your good graces... a complete and uncut presentation of the book portion of the Peter Pan Book and Record production of "Fargo North, Decoder, and his Coat and Hat" by Tom Dunsmuir with drawings by Norm Doherty. Nobody can stay angry for long when Fargo North is in the building...









A rare glimpse of Fargo's father, Jeffrey "The Dude" North, who was shot and killed in the early seventies during an unsuccessful undercover operation to infiltrate the Baader-Meinhoff.








How illegal is it to sell a bunch of old coats that someone left laying all over your floor?















And, just as Fargo's quest to find the true killers is only now beginning, so too begins the fun that is to be had here at Plastic Pumpkins during the month of July as I, in a pathetic attempt to win back the hearts and minds of all of the peoples of this world, vow to bring you a new post each and every single day (or at least every other day... maybe every third day...) until at least the first of August! How's that for a mea culpa...

And you, and you, and you... you're gonna love me!!!


1 comment:

eviedee said...

Hooray! Happy to have you back!