Monday, August 04, 2008

Picnik Basket

I was ordered to update my 'website' today, but I haven't had time to scan anything cool lately so you're stuck with more dopey photos taken with my crappy back-up camera. And the only thing I've done of any interest in the past week or so is plant-sit for a friend's parents while they are away doing interesting things that I'm sure they should be blogging about, so I've been spending a lot of time taking pictures of flowers and other things found in friend's parent's back yards. Fortunately, I've also been in a 'play around with Picnik' sort of a mood, so at least you get to look at pictures of flowers with lots of artsy-fartsy effects added to them!-





I call this one "Tribute To Riddleburger."





There's a whole big story that goes along with this mantis picture only I've already written about it elsewhere and I don't feel like repeating so suffice to say it involved me having a fling with someone who later tries to kill me so 'same old, same old.'




I think that these might be orchids, although they could be antelopes for all the Hell that I know about flowers!








6 comments:

Sam said...

Why are ther 10 pretty flower pictures and then one creepy, weird one and THAT one is dedicated to me. Why can't I have an orchid once in a while?

Steven Altis said...

Okay, you can pick one other picture to be dedicated to you as well... just not the mantis pic, 'cause that one is mine.

And it isn't my fault that the only creepy, weird one ended up bearing a striking resemblence to a certain somebody's blog header!

Anonymous said...

The pics are great! I am flattered that you like my plants and flowers so much. Sorry about that grumpy mantis. Perhaps you can keep introducing yourself to more manti(?) and hopefully find a friendly one, if that's what you want.
I love the pic of the terra cotta birdhouse. I think it looks like my sister.

Sparkle Plenty said...

Bee-yoo-ti-ful pictures!

Steven Altis said...

.

Steven Altis said...

.