Friday, October 02, 2009

Paper Bats


Well, I'm just getting this one out of the way first thing...

I have a folder in My Documents where I store any seasonal-type scans I think might make for an interesting post when the right time of the year comes around and this little paper bat mobile has been in there for awhile now. I passed it over during the last two Countdowns because I just didn't think it was interesting enough to post, but now I'm kind of tired of seeing it every time I open up that folder so here it is making its long awaited Plastic Pumpkins Hallowe'en Countdown debut.

It's not terribly awful as far as paper bats go. It serves its function well. If you were looking to cut a paper bat out of a magazine and hang it from your ceiling by a strand of thread then there's nothing about this bat that will make you regret choosing it over all other paper bats. It's just not very interesting visually speaking. It's black and white and the illustration isn't particularly inspired. But it's a paper bat and it's Hallowe'eny and maybe someone out there will print this page out and think of something really awesome to do with it and that will make the whole thing worthwhile.

And now I'm off to have a small, private ceremony to mark the final deletion of this file from my computer.

No comments: