Saturday, February 24, 2007

Of Bats And Bulls

Between all the "Spidey Super Stories" posts and the Fantastic Four coloring book post I realize that I've given a lot of face time to Marvel Comics without letting DC have their share of the spotlight... I certainly hope that I haven't hurt DC's sales because of this!... so here in its entirety is an old Batman mini-comic that was originally given away free in a breakfast cereal or Pop-Tarts or something of the sort-







"Anything happening Commissioner Gordon? Any crime, I mean!" Way to be smooth Bruce...





Batman has a lot better luck handling bulls than poor Ben Grimm did, but then he has had a lot more experience in those matters...



4 comments:

Bully said...

Cool! I've got a copy of that bull-ridin' panel in my "Bulls & Cows" folder, but I never knew where the image came from...now I know!

Here's another great image...and I have no idea where that one's from, either.

I really must comment here more often (even when I'm not linked!)...it's a fabulous blog and I love it to pieces. A regular read and tremendously entertaining and nostalgic. Bravo!

Steven Altis said...

Bruce knows his way around a bull, that's for sure... was there a scene in Batman Begins where he studied with the master matadors of Spain for a year? I forget.

And your comments on the blog are much appreciated coming as they do from the creator of one of the coolest and most insanely well-crafted blogs out there!

mr_thye said...

I like how a frame after batman made a corny pun he makes fun of robin for it. Superman and Batman are dicks

Steven Altis said...

But you kind of expect the dickery coming out of Batman so it makes it just a little bit okay.