Friday, June 13, 2008

She Had A Movie, Too! Really!

In honor of the new Hulk movie opening across America and for the benefit of those two seperate people over the last few days who Google-searched their ways here via the keywords 'she-hulk' (and for why you were sent here I don't know) here's an old pre-scanner-explosion scan of a pencil-by-number set from my childhood-



This is why I loved Little Kid Me... when faced with a display shelf full of Batman, Superman, Spider-Man & Captain America pencil-by-numbers I begged my mom to buy me the She-Hulk set for the simple fact that I didn't have any idea who the hell she was! Grown-Up-But-Still-Immature Me needs to be that adventurous. The next time I'm at the McDonald's drive-thru I'm not ordering the #8 I'm getting the #4. And I have no idea what that even is! God, I hope it's not the McRib.

2 comments:

Sparkle Plenty said...

Ya know, I believe that I detect a faint (faint, I say, don't smite me!) resemblance between the She-Hulk and Stevie Nicks. The resemblance might reside in the chestal region, or it might be something to do with the winged-victory hairdo or determined chin. Dunno. Just sayin' that it makes sense to me that you wanted the ish without knowing who the She-Hulk was...

Steven Altis said...

Hmmm... big boobs & big hair. I think I can see where you're coming from.

This would also explain why my She-Hulk action figures always speak with Stevie's voice.